What is HIV?
HIV is a virus that infects immune cells, thereby rendering an individual more susceptible to other illnesses and infections. It is transmitted through contact with a user’s HIV-positive bodily secretions, most frequently during unsafe intercourse or Via sharing needles of the injection in hospitals or clinics. It compromises one immune function by demolishing a type of white blood cell that aids your skin in fighting off infections. This increases your chances of contracting bacterial illnesses and developing certain types of cancer. Hospitals promote the awareness of hiv and std testing singapore.
Ingestion of infected blood, sperm, or vaginal secretions can spread the virus. Common cold signs like fever, hoarseness, and tiredness can occur within the first days of HIV/AIDS. The illness would then be frequently asymptomatic till it develops into AIDS. Losing weight, flu or excessive sweating, tiredness, and frequent infections are all signs of AIDS. Although there is no treatment for AIDS, slavish devotion to antiretroviral regimens (ARVs) can significantly slow the virus’s progression and inhibit serious infections and problems.
What is AIDS?
The human immunodeficient virus causes procured acquired immunodeficiency (AIDS), a persistent, possibly deadly disorder (HIV). HIV impairs one body’s natural capacity to fight infection and disease by harming the immune function. You may experience trouble sleeping, a high fever, and diarrhea that last for over one week. Folks might be exhausted and lose weight for no apparent reason. It is also possible to experience magenta or brown spots on the surface, depressive episodes, and memory problems.
Who is more vulnerable to AIDS?
Any individual can contract HIV, although certain classes are at an increased danger:
- Infected people with some other transmissible through sexual contact diseases. (STD). Having an STD increases your chances of contracting or continuing to spread HIV.
- Folks who use common syringes to inject medicines.
- Gay or bisexual people.
- Black or Latino Americans and Dark skinned Americans, particularly in comparison to all other racial backgrounds, account for a higher percentage of newly diagnosed HIV infections and individuals living with HIV.
- Individuals who interact in high-risk sexual activities, like not using birth control.
Steps to Prevent Aids:
- Examine yourself for HIV. One can opt for HIV And STD Testing Singapore
- Select less dangerous sexual behaviors.
- Use condoms whenever you have sex.
- Limit the number of intimate relationships you have.
- Get checked for and treated for STDs.
- Consult with your doctor regarding pre-exposure prophylactic treatment.
- Don’t inject any drugs.
Because of advancements in the efﬁcacy of HIV drug diagnosis, HIV-positive individuals who are given a diagnosis promptly and begin and maintain ART can maintain the viral infection repressed and reside long and happy lives.