Everyone loves a good night sleep, don’t we? To make sleeping a soothing experience we need the best pillow for our head on which we can lay and rest our head. Before starting the journey of bed pillows one should be familiar with the term bed pillow. Bed pillow is a sleeping aid and a part of bedding that provides support to the neck and head. You can know more at http://www.beddingnbeyond.com/best-bed-pillows/. Bed pillows are used for comfort, decoration, and therapeutic purposes. They play a very important role in the act of sleeping because they provide support and rest to the head and neck so that the individual can sleep at peace without any discomforts.
Different types of bed pillow filings
The bed pillow is made from various materials and the filling employed within the pillows are:
- Latex: Latex resembles to the memory foam pillows and provides a sufficient support to the neck to avoid neck problems. Latex pillows are favored by the individuals suffering from neck pain but in the long run, they become quite uncomfortable and flattened.
- Feather: This pillow is stuffed with feathers which makes the pillow soft and comfy. This pillow lasts longer but are quite expensive and they can cause problems to the individual having allergies from feathers.
- Microfiber: The pillows which have the filling of microfibers are light, airy and requires very low maintenance but these pillows are costly.
- Synthetic: These pillows have a synthetic filling which makes the pillow comfy and smooth. The disadvantage of this filling is that it becomes dull in the long run making the pillow flattened and uncomfortable.
Following features that should be considered before buying.
The individual should always consider the following features before purchasing the bed pillow:
- Height: The height of the pillow is the most crucial factor in the selection of the pillow. The pillow height should be considered such that the distance between the neck and the mattress is minimum and zero distance is the best. If there is a sufficient distance between the neck and the mattress it can lead to severe back and neck problems. To avoid injuries and sleeping discomforts height of the pillow should be examined before making a purchase.
- Types of pillow: As there are various types of pillows in the market an individual should choose a pillow that fits the application at hand. Different types of pillows are employed for different applications such as the neck roll pillow, it is a pillow that is rounded around the neck to provide support and comfort to the neck.
- Filling: Filling is basically the material within the cover of the pillow. There are various types of filling materials as discussed above and each of them is used for a particular purpose. So the individual should choose the filling material according to the application, like the latex pillows should be considered for a short-term use and the microfiber pillows should be considered for long-term use.
There is a numerous variety of pillows to choose from, so the individual should choose a pillow according to the application required. And the specifications of the pillows should always be considered before making the purchase for maximum comfort and to prevent injuries to the back and neck.